Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some Good Quotes

Our homeschool group is performing a play about Corrie ten Boom.  My job was to prepare slides to give the audience some feel for the setting and characters before the play begins.  As I researched a bit I thought some quotes from the real Corrie ten Boom would help set the mood.  Although I didn't end up using any, I found some of them insightful, so I thought I'd share my favorites here.


"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." 

"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." 

"The tree on the mountain takes whatever the weather brings. If it has any choice at all, it is in putting down roots as deeply as possible."
"When you are covered by His wings, it can get pretty dark." 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Like them all! (The first and last especially!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quotes like these - a short but meaningful sentence that makes a good point and sticks with you.

    ReplyDelete