Wednesday, October 12, 2011

There Is Only One Leonardo da Vinci...

...and you're not him.

I said this to my son today.  See, he's very smart.  Unusually smart, if I do say so myself.  But he's lazy as the day is long.  He'd rather sketch a few ideas, jot some notes, and wait four or five hundred years for someone else to come along and actually produce anything worthwhile.

Unfortunately, brilliant inventors who do nothing are probably a dime a dozen.  I often wonder how on earth Leonardo actually became famous.  Surely it was because of his art.  But my son is not artistic.  And there aren't many rich aristocrats looking for starving artists to sponsor these days, anyway.

Nope.  He's just going to have to learn to work, like the rest of us.

Poor guy.

3 comments:

  1. Yep. I've got one of these, too.
    And no advice on how to motivate them to do the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always surprising and interesting when you finally see what DOES get them into gear. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it appears that Kat and I hope to discover that really soon, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete